We had a really rough start to our vacation!
Jacob was complaining his stomach hurt when we were only about 5 miles from home! We stopped before we even got on the highway to make sure he was ok. I figured he was just a little carsick.
Nope! About an hour later he got sick in the car! Not a fun start to the trip. We pulled over, cleaned everything all up, changed him and went on our way!!
Next thing I know, Jason is crossing 4 lanes of traffic to pull over on the highway! What now, I thought! We had a flat tire in the truck! Yep, the same tires we just had put on a week ago for the trip!
We opted to change in on the side of the highway (scary)!! It was even more fun because we had to remove EVERYTHING from the back of the truck that I had so neatly packed in just the right spot, to get to the tire. This included the baby swing and all the baby toys that I threw in at the last minute since we had so much room!!
After this we thought ok. We survived changing it, we are packed up again now just go buy a new one and get on the road again! WRONG!
Who knew that no one within 100 miles of us had a tire for my truck and that they were having a tired shortage in GA! Seriously!! Could things get any worse!
Luckily for us we had my iPhone! I searched the internet and Jason called every tire place we could find. It took us almost 2 hours but we finally found one.
By this time it was late and they were almost closing. We rushed there. Jason dropped the kids and I off on the doorstep of a Hotel and took off to get the truck fixed!
Thankfully they stayed open and fixed it for us so we could be on our way in the morning. At this point I wasn't sure what direction Jason would drive though!
Since we had to stop early, we also had an extra long drive the next day but we did finally make it to Ohio!
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment