CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Finally complete!

Let me start by saying, this project was more trouble than it was worth!! But...only because I had no clue what I was doing and screwed up several times!! Now, looking back it would be easy as pie to complete!

I found this height chart online and thought this would be the perfect gift for Allyson's 2nd birthday.  Yes, that was in July!!
Anyways... I made it for her then realized I couldn't put it in her room because we added a chair rail on her wall so this wouldn't hang. On to plan B, which is what I really wanted in the first place. Put it in the hall between the two rooms and put both kids on one. Problem solved.
It took me forever to get hangers for it and actually hang it up.  Then, when I finally did, I didn't like it.  I had only drawn the lines with a permanent marker and they didn't stand out enough.  Especially since I was going to write on it with a marker too. 
No biggie, I'll just use a straight edge and paint the line.
WRONG!  Even with a straight edge I don't paint very straight:)   Plus, I guess the paint I used wasn't permanent. One of the kids walked out of the bathroom with wet hands, touched the board and left streaks of paint running down it!! So now I'm fuming because I think the board is ruined and I'm ready to sand it down and start all over!  Luckily, I didn't have access to a sander and it had to wait. 
In the meantime I came up with a better idea.  Use vinyl for the lines just like I did for the numbers! Why didn't I think of that in the first place!!
This was the perfect fix.  I just used my paper cutter to cut thin strips of vinyl and placed them right over my paint! 
Worked perfect and now I love it!!  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures along the way but here is the finished project.

0 comments: