Soooo.....A friend told me about this AWESOME challenge that Tiffany over at Simply Modern Mom is doing. It's called Project 52 and I think we are going to try it too! (Jason doesn't know it yet, shhhhhh!)
Here's how it works. We will set a specific time each week to have a date. But here's the catch, most of these dates will be at home. With the kids, it is often hard for just the two of us to get out and we also really can't afford to do it too much so this is an awesome alternative.
At this set time each week one of us will plan some kind of a date for us. I think we will try Saturday night and I will start us off this weekend! It's going to take some time and creativity, especially on Jason's part but it will be fun!!
I'm going to come up with a few spare ideas and write them on notecards. I figure this will give us something to fall back on when we are stuck!
Here is the criteria Tiffany has set for their dates and ours will probably be pretty similar.
•Every Friday night from 9 -10 p.m. is our date night. We usually have both kids in bed by 8:30 p.m.
•Majority of the time the dates will be at home so we don’t need babysitters.
•We rotate being in charge of date nights on a monthly basis.
•Can’t do the same thing twice in one month.
•Dates need to be free most of the time. If not free, then under a budget of $30. Cheaper than if we went out.
•No children allowed.
•Must create a date-like atmosphere. No frumpy clothes or pajamas. Make it a special event. Mind the details. But most of all, keep it simple
I think this will really get us to spend some quality time together instead of making up excuses of all the other stuff that needs to be done! It will always be there!
I will keep you updated as to how it is going!
1 comments:
Yay, I'm so glad you're doing this too! Can't wait to hear about your fun dates. :)
Post a Comment