CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The rest of Jacob's room

After posting pics of Jacob's room last week I've had several people ask me for more pics and how I did it so here you go!
It was really simple. 
Two of the walls are two colors broken up with a grey road.  Yes, I just painted the road on.  I measured about where I wanted the road to be.  I painted the other two colors up to that line.  After the paint is really dry, I taped off the top and bottom of the road. I painted the grey inside.  When it was dry I just taped the middle of the road and used yellow craft paint and a small brush to out dashes on the road.  Remove all the tape and it is done!  The other two walls with the window and closet I just left solid blue.
At the time I did this he really wasn't into the CARS movie so I just did a generic cars theme. I found a sheet and blanket set at Target I liked but couldn't find any other decor to match! Sooo... I made my own. 
I covered the letters of his name in car themed scrap paper.
I traced 3 of the cars from his valance and pillow.  I then cut these and roughly drew them on blank canvas from Michaels.  I painted these to match his room too.  They actaully didn't turn out too bad for having no clue what I was doing going into the project. 
I was going to paint a stoplight on one of the other walls but it just hasn't gotten done. 
He has since gotten into the whole CARS movie and we added some removeable decals and cars to the road.  I think Target actually carries decor to match now too!  Go figure!

Here are a few pics of the rest of the room. 
If you have any other specific questions just let me know and I'll be glad to help!  Oh yeah, he LOVES it!






0 comments: