CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Family Subway Art

We had some friends come visit this past week.  I wanted to get them a small Christmas gift and it couldn't take up a lot of room in the car since there was 7 of them!!
I decided to try some family themed subway art that a friend of mine had done.  (Thanks Marie)
It was so simple and I LOVE how it turned out!!

I used a coupon at Joanns and bought a thin 12x12 piece of wood. 
I sanded it and painted it black. 
I meant to sand the edges but I forgot. (oops)
I cut out various letters on my cricut.
If you have vinyl it works best but if not you can just use cardstock like I did.
Make sure you come up with a plan of placement before you break out the glue!
Use some mod podge and then lay down the letters.
Once this dries place another layer ontop and viola!  Done!
You could add a hanger on the back if you'd like but I made it to either sit on a table leaning on a wall or sit in a little stand.
Now to make one for me!!

0 comments: